Tuesday, July 31, 2007

weighing in...

Another busy and stressful week has come and gone. I have made gains in this weight loss journey. I am so glad that I found tales from the scales. If not, I don't think I would take the time to reflect each week. It is often during these posts that I discover that I really am progressing...if not on the scale, then in my journey to have a better life. The Lord is really using this journey to highlight many things to me.
I need to confess. I have not really been trying in the past few weeks. I have been trying not to go completely overboard, but I haven't counted a point in weeks. I haven't even considered the points values of many of the things I have put in my mouth. There, I said it. I have no reason to be frustrated with slow weight loss when I have put in very little effort and made little sacrifice. I am so grateful for the positive habits I have been picking up: drinking more water, adding more exercise.
So, here I am, ready to recommit. This week my goals are to do better in the things I have already begun: Drink even more water. Exercise more regularly. Count my points. Hopefully you will find me here next week with some good news to report. I would love to be able to tell you that I have pulled myself out of the slump I have been hanging out in for far too long.

Beginning weight: 188.4
Current weight: 172.8
This week: - .2

Total weight lost: 15.6

Alright, I am off to find my weekly points tracker...

2 comments:

Timmarie said...

So glad to hear it. I know that as you do this during a very difficult season in your life, you will be able to carry it with you in the easier seasons as well. I'm proud of you for even venturing out into this lifestyle change during such a time! Way to go, my friend.

Denise said...

Bless your beautiful heart.