Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summer Lovin

Since it's blazin hot here on the surface of the sun, I've decided to write about some joyous stuff in random order.

1. We got a forecast for rain on Saturday. And while we were planning on going to the water park, a day of rain sounds most wonderful. It's like hope.

2. I love having a teen in my home. We have been temporarily blessed with one. She's been here on and off this summer. I adore her. She makes me smile and warms my heart. She's a survivor. I love the opportunity to encourage and love on her.

3. My daughter's friend, who she is having an arranged marriage with, told his mom today that she "is the smart one" of the two of them. That left me in stitches.

4. My son is using a few signs now. Tomorrow I am going to ask his therapist what the sign for "movie" is. I'm sure he'll nail that one quickly. Because my boy is a movie buff if I've ever seen one.

5. I'm already being afforded the opportunity to teach my daughter about true beauty. Who knew so much could be discovered in kindergarten?

6. My sister is coming for an unexpected visit next month. She's the best.

7. I shared a most horrific story with Capt. Mom this morning and she is still my friend. Of course, she now has big time blackmail info on me.

8. It's only 3 months until Thanksgiving. Then I will see the whole family. So exciting!

9. We have a wedding per month for the rest of the year. Have I told you how much I love weddings? People living on love are the cutest. People like me just have funny, embarrassing stories to tell.

10. My nose piercing has not gotten infected. It's the little things, people. To go along with this, my girl wants me to get my tongue pierced and my eyebrow. She also wants me to sport a tattoo. I love that she is SO free to see the beauty in all of it.

1 comments:

Dareth said...

Looks like you're livin' on summer lovin'...

I know, I know...I'm so lamb...

..but you already knew that about me!