Tuesday, August 7, 2007

O, How I love Jesus

Every night, hubby or I pray with our children. They go to bed at different times, so it's a one on one time for each of our kids. Last night, I was putting Dirty Job to bed and prayed with him. I typically pray the same thing with him every time, for continuity sake and in hopes that he'll be able to join in soon. My prayer with him goes like this "Dear Jesus, thank you for today. Thank you for Daddy, thank you for Mommy, thank you for Sissy, thank you for Dirty Job. We love you. Help Dirty Job to talk. Amen." That's about it.
So I was laying with Dirty Job after we prayed together, it was quiet and I was just enjoying the time being with him (I usually put him in bed, lay down and pray with him, and leave. Because it took us almost 5 years to get What Not To Wear out of our bed). We'd been laying there together for a few minutes and all of a sudden Dirty Job says "Dear Jesus." My hear about burst with joy. I've never heard anything sweeter. Nothin. A moment too precious.

And how much more was my Jesus' heart bursting?

2 comments:

Dareth said...

My heart is bursting for you!!!

I know that God has huge plans for Dirty Job's life. He is such a little work in progress. I love him.

Keep doing a great job being his mom!!

Dareth said...

I am so excited I can hardly stand it!!

I just had to come back and tell you again!