Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Run, Forest, Run...

The training has officially begun. I am training for a 10K in November and the 1/2 marathon in January. If I feel confident after that, I'm aiming for a full marathon in March...we'll see about that, though. I love the spiritual journey that running takes me through. For me, it brings truths to my life as an individual and as part of the body of Christ. I'll be posting as the Lord shows me these things.

On a lighter note, I started this morning with some AI training, which is where you run faster for a short amount of time, then walk to recover. This isn't an all out sprint your heart out run, just a faster run than normal - a run that says "I'm workin." This is something new I am doing this year, and this is the first time I've done it. Let me just say that I am awkward when I am not running my normal, slow pace. Speeding it up just that small amount turned me into the Little House on the Prairie girl running/falling down the hill in the intro. I swallowed the bit o pride I had and kept at it. I'll look ridiculous, but at least my body will be exercised, more tone and I will be building my endurance and speed. Had I been driving on the road and seen me running I would've pointed and laughed hysterically.
Because that's the kind of girl I am...

2 comments:

Lisa Kay said...

This is my first time to your site - I love it!

Thanks for sharing!

Dareth said...

I am laughing as I picture you running like Phoebe from Friends...don't know if you've seen it, it is similar to Little House...only way funnier!!

Seriously though, you have been such an inspiration to me that I am actually excited about running. I never thought that could happen. 10K...here we come!!