Today officially kicks off the beginning of my Thanksgiving cooking. And I am so excited! I am have some new recipes that I am really excited about making. But, more than that, I love having people in our home. I love the food and the fun and most importantly, the love that goes into all of us being together. Now, don't get me wrong, there is always the potential for a healthy dose of social awkwardness (like in all areas of my life...), but I just love me some busy family time.
Some things I am thankful for this season, and always:
- We have a family member coming tomorrow who has been unable to celebrate with us for about 4 years. We are so excited to have the whole family together this year!
- The love of a God who pursues me even when I am too distracted to notice.
- The love of a husband who loves me even more today than he did 6 years ago when he asked me to be his wife.
- A little girl who wants to hug and kiss her baby and lifts my shirt to do so, often. She brings a smile to my face every day.
- Family and friends who love me no matter how much I dork it up...
- When my belly rubs up against something as I try to squeeze through a small space, reminding me of the life growing inside of me.
- This recipe.
- Our friend and roomate has come to join our family. We are so happy that she is here!
- In three weeks, I will be in a cold state celebrating life and marriage and the birth of our Savior with family I haven't seen in over a year!
May it be a day filled with friends, family, food and fun.
And please join me as I pray for those who do not look forward to the holidays...