Saturday and Sunday: I am thankful...
- For nights out with other military wives.
- For pottery painting fun.
- For laughter in my life, it really is the best medicine.
- That I can take my worries and fears to the cross and leave them there. This truly is the only place I can take them and be confident that One who knows far better than I has got it covered.
- For the peace I find when I can truly leave it at the cross.
- For mommy breaks!
I think I need to set out some really tangible goals to keep me focused during this holiday season. They need to be realistic as well, factoring in all the holiday temptations.
- Find a new meeting to attend. I just received the sad news that Dale, my weight watcher leader, passed away unexpectedly. My gut feeling says that I don't want to go to "his" meeting anymore and have it run by someone else.
- Lose another 10 pounds by my anniversary in February.
- Go on a soda fast for a week. I have really gotten ridiculously hooked on diet soda. I need to give it up cold turkey for a while and really ramp up my water intake.
- Get back on the training schedule. Once life interrupted and I could not do the 10K, I really got lazy about following the schedule. I am going to start the training back at the beginning. Do a 2 mile and a 3 mile "wog" this week. (I read about wogging
-walk/jog- on a few other posts and I feel like it is a better description of what I do than running.)
- Focus my mind. Because I know that therein lies the majority of the battle.